Saturday, December 11, 2010

Card Idea #5 - Happy "Ho Ho Ho" To You!

Hi Everyone!


It's time for another sassy card idea. I was up in the scrap studio listening to Christmas carols and singing along with Harry Connick, Jr. I grew up in New Orleans, and Harry, Jr. is a staple, kinda like red beans and rice. I got in a really whimsical mood while jamming out to "Must Have Been Ol' Santa Claus" and decided on this really cute and glimmery idea.





I started with a plain white card blank and ran it through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder. After that, I used Glimmer Mist in Marshmallow to add a little zing to the plain white cardstock. (It's a little hard to see in the photos.) I added a strip of Heidi Grace shimmer patterned paper that I found ages ago at Big Lots. It was 25 sheets for $2. How can you beat that?


The other cardstock is Bazzill Bling. I used a Spellbinders label die. The rest was cut and/or drawn with my Cricut. The "Happy Ho Ho Ho To You" was typed into Make The Cut software with the bezier warp function. I put a black pen where the blade goes and it "wrote" my sentiment. Without unloading the paper, I replaced the blade and cut the circle around my writing. That was such a fun technique, don't be surprised if you see it again;)




The Santa hats are from the Quickutz Silhouette Jingle CD. The pink cardstock is from a Quickutz adhesive paper pack. I then ran it through my Cuttlebug for some texture and used {GET THIS} some pearl cream rub on. Think creamy eyeshadow for paper. It's a really OLD product. It was popular when I first started scrapping about eight years ago. I'm not even sure if it's still on the market. I used sticky paper (http://www.pkglitz.com/) and my soon-to-be famous Snow Angel flock and glitter mix on the hat band and pom-pom.

This is a very whimsical, girly, sassy little card that makes a wonderful girlfriend card. It's also great for a giftcard holder. The design is so easy, making a matching gift bag would be a snap too. Hope this is inspires you in your seasonal pursuits.

Have a Sassy Scrappy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment