Friday, July 22, 2011

A Visit From My BFF

Hello again and welcome to the Studio!

I want to send a quick shout-out the newest member of scrapbook royalty, Julia. She is my friend's daughter {and my BFF} and she scrapped for the very first time this week. She made a mini album of her visit. Here are some pictures of "The Scrap Queen" and her project...


All I did was cut things out and print pictures. Ms. J did the rest. She loves using daubers to distress the edges of her pages and is quite talented with them!


I snapped of picture of the train coming into the station in Birmingham. The paper she chose was Scenic Route. The bluejean pocket, with rhinestones of course, was all Julia. She had fun playing with the iRock. This is the first page she "daubered."


This is a sweet picture of Julia and her grandmother, Lena, who happens to be my Mom's BFF. Julia enjoyed adding Stickles to the scallop trim and picked out a Sassy original flower in muslin & denim to match her bluejean pocket.


Our first stop was at the McWane Science Center. We had fun making handprints in the neat peg-board thingy. We had a LOT of fun playing with it. And our hands are almost the same size!


It's hard to see from the photo, but the little red hands are on pop dots and embossed with Swiss Dots to mimic the dottie-ness of the pegs.
Julia had a blast digging in the dino excavation pit. We both enjoyed the Sea Monster exhibit with the huge, icky prehistoric fish.

Our favorite was World of Water and seeing all the pretty fish. We also got to pet baby bonnethead sharks, but don't look for any photos of that event. This big dummy was having so much fun petting them that I forgot to take a picture. I can't help it...I just love to pet things.

Julia chose the titles for these pages...Finding Nemo And Jelly-fishing.
The title here is: A Sea-riffic View. She's so witty! And did I mention she's only nine?


Julia really enjoyed making "Waves of Stickles" for the borders on these pages. On the first page, she is riding a huge, fiberglass big mouth bass. Here caption reads, "Who's fish food now..."

Here, Julia is pretending to be eaten by the same big mouth bass. Her caption, "Apparently, Me!" This is probably my most favorite captions of the whole album. I laughed 'til I cried when she came up with this one.

It's been a ritual for as long as I can remember that when Lena comes to visit, I always fix strawberry crepes for breakfast one morning. It seems to be a "new tradition" for Ms. Julia too. She really enjoyed pigging out on the whipped cream covered crepes. There's even a note in my cookbook that when Julia visits, make a triple batch of crepes:)




These are probably my two most favorite pages in the album because they just girly-girl and precious. It captures her personality perfectly. Glimmer Mist was used in the making of this album...and LOTS of it. Unfortunately for Jayne, Julia's Mom, most of it is on Julia! When we ate breakfast this morning, Julia still had glittery, glimmery sparkle everywhere, even after two baths.


She adores animals and wants to be a vet when she grows up. Our three dogs are so going to miss her. They haven't been petted and played with that much ever! This page is probably Julia's favorite because of the caption..."If the collar fits, wear it." We were able to find the cutest little collar embie in my stash to coordinate.

She needed room for journaling. Julia loves to read, so she chose to use a book diecut for her journaling.


And what's a Scrap Queen without a crown?

I had a fantastic time with my new scrapping buddy. I can't wait for Julia to visit us again. She did an awesome job on her album (and the three cards she made too). Thanks, Jayne, for sharing your little princess with me. I'm returning her a Scrap Queen!


Until next time, find inspiration everywhere and Scrap Sassy!

No comments:

Post a Comment