Friday, August 12, 2011

Plans of Mice and Men...

I'm back in the Studio again. I had everything all set and ready to go so I could blog while in Nashville, post pictures, and keep everyone in the center of the action. NOT! Thanks to a wi-fi snafu, I could get and send emails but that's about it. Blogsy, my iPad app, gave about thirty error messages I had never seen before and couldn't update the blog.



So, without further adieu, here's the "missing posts."



We arrived in Nashville on Thursday afternoon, took a quick tour of our surroundings, and headed to the CKC check-in to get our tickets. Here are some photos of the hotel. It is HUGE and absolutely beautiful. This was my second time visiting the Gaylord Opryland Resort and it still took my breath away.


The food court and shopping area.





The stained glass portico in the lobby that greeted us on check-in.


One of the many water features.




Since we had arrived early enough, Mom and I decided to take the Thursday Night Technique Workshop. It was three solid, fast-paced hours of new techniques. We did so many layouts, I lost count! My favorite techniques were the crepe paper flowers, a glass pendant, and a really cool (and simple) piercing technique, which I intend to share with all of you.


Mom and our new friend, Carol, at the Thursday workshop.




We got back to the room and crashed for the night. I wish I could say I slept. I kept waking up every few hours and looking at the clock to see if it was time to get up yet.




My second day began in the vendor faire at 9:00 a.m. I made a quick trip in to a few booths that were on the top of my shopping list, Nicole Peterson Designs (awesome vintage findings and kits)and to Purple Daisy Designs to pick up some scrappy apparel, then it was off to my first class, In Bloom. I really enjoyed all my classes and got some uber hauls. We'll have show in tell as soon as I can photograph everything;)




Here are some shots of the vendor faire...







I don't want to give y'all sensory overload. I'll be following up soon with pictures of class projects, purchases, new techniques, and some finished layouts! And I'll be sharing some of my favorite vendors (and their websites) so you can get all the cool stuff for yourself.


Until next time, Scrap Sassy!






No comments:

Post a Comment