Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Easter Blessings

Welcome to the Studio!
If you’re visiting from the Card A Day Blog, thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you come back again soon. If you haven’t been to the Card A Day Blog, please stop by over there. There are a bunch of talented designers who can’t wait to share their ideas and techniques with you.

It’s springtime and the Easter holiday is quickly approaching. This is a pretty card that can be altered for birthday, Mother’s Day, or used for Spring/Easter. I really like making versatile cards that with a simple change of the sentiment and verse and you have a totally different card.


My card base is 5x7. Since I used a 6x6 paper pack {Lily Bee Designs, Buttercup}, I had to cut my paper into strips instead of just using one 5x7 piece of pattern paper and layering. My top and bottom strips are both 2” and my middle yellow piece is 3” and all are 5” wide to fit the card. The mat in the center is 3.25” square and the pattern paper is 3” square.

The rose is a stamp from 5th Avenue Floral, Stampin Up. I stamped it with StazOn on
watercolor paper from the art department and colored it in with SU Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a water pen. {I’m getting hooked on the watercolor look again.} I stamped the sentiment, “Easter Blessings” with a stamp from Just Rite using Close To My Heart Juniper ink. I then
used the SU decorative label punch to punch out my sentiment and I used it as a tab by gluing it onto the back of my mat and leaving just the portion I wanted sticking out.

Because of the strips, the lace and ribbon was a little bit tricky. I used 1/8” ScorTape on the lace
and attached it flush with the top of the bottom strip. I used my peg bow maker to tie my bow and attach it to the strip of ribbon. I used 1/4” ScorTape and layered the ribbon/bow over the lace leaving it stick about halfway above the top of the patterned paper strip. I then slipped the yellow pattern paper beneath the ribbon and attached the yellow ribbon to the back of it. After all that, I glued that entire section to the card base. Clear as mud; right?
Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet card! you did a fantastic job on the coloring and color choices. Nicely done

    ReplyDelete