Wednesday, March 28, 2012

In Loving Memory...

Welcome to the Studio.
Today I want to share a project that, although I'm very pleased with the way it turned out, I wish I'd never had to make it. Making sympathy cards is bad enough, but anything on a larger scale is that much harder.

Our family lost our beloved little Scottish Terrier, Molly, in January. She had not been sick previously, just began having trouble breathing. Thankfully, she didn't suffer and passed very quietly in my arms. She was just a few weeks short of her 15th birthday, in people years. She was cremated and I decided to make something special for her as her final resting place.

This is the top of her box. I used the Bo Bunny Gabrielle paper collection. I love the bright, but soft, hues of aqua and coral and the butterflies. The lid is trimmed in ivory lace. I used a paper mache box and Mod Podge to adhere the paper.

I decided to make a cascade of flowers down the front corner. Some are handmade by my mom, Joan, and some are store bought. I added some Prima bling and three bejeweled stickpins. After all, Molly was a little princess puppy and every princess needs bling!

This photo really shows off two of the three stickpins I made just for Molly.

Thanks so much for sharing with me today. Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

1 comment:

  1. That is a sweet box, what a beautiful memorial for Molly. It is so hard to lose a family member but the flowers are gorgeous reminder of her.

    ReplyDelete