Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Card Patterns 168 & 2 Sisters Challenge 94

Welcome to the Studio!

I hope I don't bore most of my readers with all these challenges.  I've just been struggling in my crafting lately, either no time or no creativity.  I've been trying to jumpstart things, and I think I'm back on the right track.  The challenges are keeping me motivated to get stuff done in a timely manner.  I work really good with deadlines.  I was a freelance court reporter for about 12 years and deadlines are critical.  Although I loved my job, I can do without the stress;)

I made a very vintage card for a friend's mom.  I love toile patterns.  I have black & white toile curtains in my scraproom.  You can see a peek of them in an earlier post about the new punch rack.  Anyway, I also have a few toile stamps.  I decided it might be fun to color in the toile images.  I used watercolor pencils and SU watercolor crayons.  This is a close-up of my image...



And here is the front of my card and the Card Patterns Sketch:



The background paper I used is Anna Griffin.  The cardstock is DCWV.  The mini roses are Recollections from Michaels.  The "Happy Birthday" stamp is from Justrite Stamps.  I used the SU word window and modern label punches.  I also added some bling, also Recollections from Michaels.  The crinkled seam binding is from my stash.  I purchased it during CKC Nashville 2012.  The toile stamp is All Night Media.

And here is the inside of my card:

For the inside, I used the same Anna Griffin paper as I used on the front.  The verse is Stampin Up, the Happy Birthday is Justrite Stamps.  the card verse diecut was made using SU/Sizzix Framelits and Spellbinders dies for the corners.   I also used bling by Recollections.  The ink is CTMH Vineyard Berry.

The second challenge I'm entering this card in is the 2 Sisters Challenge Blog.  Their current challenge is "Inside & Out."  I normally don't decorate the insides of my cards, but lately I've been trying to make the inside as pretty as the outside, so I thought this challenge was a must!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Until next time, Scrap Sassy!


3 comments:

  1. I love what you did with this sketch and I agree sometimes I need challenges to get a creative spark moving. Sweet way to do the inside of the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fab job on this card! I love the chocolaty brown you chose and that crinkle ribbon is gorgeous. I have a love affair going with ribbon and the crinkled seam binding is my most fav! Have you tried dying your own yet? I haven't but it looks so easy...will have to get on that sometime soon!
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card made me gasp, it is so very, very pretty. You did a wonderful job. Might have to get my hands on some toile stamps, I hope mine will come out as breathtaking as yours did!!

    ReplyDelete