Sunday, July 1, 2012

Anchor's Away!

Welcome to the Studio!

If you're visiting from the Card A Day Blog, thanks so much for stopping by.  If you have been to CADB yet today, be sure to head over there for some daily inspiration and join our July Challenge.
Our theme is Guy Cards.  And I have to admit that those give me fits sometimes.  I almost always have trouble with them.  Feminine cards are easy...if it looks too plain, add flowers and bling.  Not so much with guy cards.  I could just imagine the look on my husband's face if his birthday card was bejeweled and flower-rific.


I'm still into my watercoloring and these stamps from Justrite are awesome for that.  I really enjoy coloring.  It's relaxing and like being a little kid in school again;)  I used some jute ribbon for a manly touch as well.

My Supply List:
Cardstock:  Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake & Soft Suede, Stampin Up
Pattern Paper:  Well Worn, Stampin Up
Stamps:  Justrite
Dies:  Justrite/Spellbinders
Fibers:  Jute ribbon, Michaels
Inks:  Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake & Soft Suede, Stampin Up
Other:  Watercolor paper and pencils

And here is a quick bonus project.  This card was made basically the same way as the one above, but it's for a card guy...


The supplies were the same for this card.  Well Worn is one of my favorite "guy" paper packs.  I'm crushed that it's been retired!

Thanks for visiting!  Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

4 comments:

  1. Love your cards, Kelly, especially the 'anchor' card. Fabulously masculine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet compliments. That anchor stamp set is awesome.

      Delete
  2. Kelly, Miss designer du jour (all in fun) Love this card and the other card too. I have that paper pack and need to actually pull it out and use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guy cards are tough or me, so glad they came out good. Love that Well Worn paper...bought three packs of it before it retired;)

      Delete