Wednesday, September 5, 2012

All Is Vanity...And Really Creepy!

Welcome to the Studio!

I've been MIA again and I apologize for that.  Things got a little worrisome with Hurricane Issac rearing his ugly head.  My dad, who lives near the Mississippi Gulf Coast, couldn't decide if he wanted to evacuate or not.  Lucky for him (and us) Issac only dumped a ton of rain on his area.  You'd think after Katrina he'd have learned his lesson...swimming out a second story loft window and riding out that hurricane on a party barge with a tarp thrown over his head.  It took us over a week to find him that time!

Well, now for some crafting fun.  I just love Halloween.  {Any holiday that involves begging for candy can't be all bad.}  I've always been intrigued with the painting by Charles Allan Gilbert, All is Vanity.  It's fascinating in an eerie sort of way.  As I sat at my scrap desk yesterday, I thought it might make a cool "embellishment" on a Halloween card.

My card is based on the Mojo Monday Sketch 257, as seen here...

I found the awesome black and orange ribbon at Micheal's.  It's totally Halloween-y and makes me think of spiders.  It also tied great with my peg bow maker.  I used a Spellbinders die as a mat for my picture.  I also incorporated some black webbing that I ordered from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  The pumpkin is Jolee's Boutique.  The "Happy Halloween" is from Justrite Stamps, as well as the banner die.  The punched border is from Martha Stewart and was one of the recent T.J. Max $3.99 finds.  I'm not sure if the picture shows this, but I used Black Magic Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels on the fancy diecut circle.  And the paper is Echo Park's Apothecary Emporium.


Here is a close-up shot of the creepy image.  You can actually see that it's a woman sitting at a vanity looking at her reflection...or is it?

Other Challenges I'm entering:
Make it Monday - Anything Goes...not a challenge, just an awesome place to inspire and be inspired!
Alota Rubber Stamps - Challenge 90, Halloween
Ladybug Crafts - Anything Goes, First Challenge!
Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #2, Anything Goes

Check out these challenge blogs for more inspiration!  And until next time, Scrap Sassy!

2 comments:

  1. Great card, that image is awesome. Fantastic use of the sketch. Thank you so much for sharing with us at “Challenges4Everybody”.
    good luck! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Thank you joining the Alota Rubber Stamps challenge

    ReplyDelete